Monday, March 25, 2013

Introduction

    
       Hi! My name is Corinne and I am a 27 year old stay at home wife and mother of three children. I am starting this blog so that I can track and share my journey as I lose weight and integrate a healthier way of living into my everyday life. In the past five years I have gained weight, dieted, experienced pregnancy, gained weight, experienced pregnancy, dieted, experienced pregnancy again and then dieted. I have not seen a number below 200 when I step on the scale in almost exactly five years. At 5'4" and 27 years old this puts me over the obese line to the... dare I say it... morbidly obese range.

       I have tried Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, a special diet written by a body builder, the dreaded Lemonade diet and many other lose weight quick methods. All of these methods work in their own way and the most beneficial method I have found so far has been Weight Watchers. Everything these days is all about having your cake and eating it too, about being skinny and looking good but eating all of the things that are so bad for us. Most diets teach you that all you need is moderation. Eat half or even a quarter of the serving size you normally eat and you will lose weight. Well, duh. Eat six tiny meals a day of stuff that has absolutely no flavor but is strategically timed to what your body needs during the day and you will lose weight. Then you find yourself going stir crazy over the smell of peanut butter when making your kids a classic pb&j, and eventually you cave and binge.

      Instead of just focusing on losing weight quick or trying to lose weight while still eating all of the bad things, I've uncovered the answer to what I've been missing. I feel that it's as if I've uncovered the holy grail when really I've just opened my eyes to what was always in front of me. I need to stop concentrating on how to lose the next 5 pounds and start concentrating on how to be HEALTHY. To be healthy has so many different meanings to different people. We all want to be the "proper" weight, be able to run around with our children and live long lives, but how do we do that? I've struggled with this thought for the last five years and it has always seemed so overwhelming. Where to begin has always been the biggest question.

      Almost a year ago I was introduced to an amazing group of people. We call ourselves Beeps. If you don't know why, you don't need to know. The Beeps are the most incredible people I will ever know. In the last 10 months we have shared the deepest, darkest, funniest and brightest times together. Among the topics we discuss, we often speak about our daily meals and overall diets (as in the way we eat). My eyes were opened to a new world when vegetarians and vegans began to share information. It was suggested that I check out a documentary on Netflix called, "Fat, Sick Nearly Dead." I did just that and it is as if a light bulb went off in my head.

      And with that being said, I begin my journey to a healthier me. Little by little I'll share more about my past as I uncover my future. I'm really excited about this. Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment